Cleanrooms Australia’s range of pass through hatches offers simple, sturdy efficiency at its best.
All our pass through hatches are constructed by Cleanrooms Australia in Australia for the Australian market, and designed to achieve the highest levels of strength, longevity and serviceability.
Designing and constructing our pass through hatches in Australia comes with the added benefit of a short manufacture and delivery time, and minimises the cost of restricted production.
Our pass through hatches are available in a wide range of models and, because they are manufactured locally, any size variation can be accommodated.
The units are competitively priced against international suppliers, and when heavy loads need to be accommodated, the hatches can be matched to our tote trolleys to help prevent OH&S injuries.
What is a pass through hatch?
Pass through hatches are used to move material into and out of a cleanroom facility.
They constructed from stainless less steel and are available in a number of standard sizes. Pass through hatches can be floor mounted for use with trolleys, or mounted on a wall or bench.
Our units are custom made to order. That means we can construct a pass through hatch to any size or design is without international shipping delays.
Why would I need a pass through hatch?
Human traffic is a leading cause of contamination in a cleanroom environment. Pass through hatches allow materials to be moved into and out of a cleanroom without the need for staff to enter or exit the facility.
This reduces the risk of human contamination and increases efficiency while retaining cross-contamination integrity.
What are the standard features of your pass through hatches?
- 5>2 mm steel construction for strength and durability
- Two-part epoxy finish
- 445m2 s/steel (316 magnetic alternative) No:4 Brush Finish
- Mechanically interlocking doors for failsafe operation
- 2mm s/steel mechanism for many, many years of service
- Electro-magnetic interlocking, with illuminated push button door release and power on light, with remote transformer if
- Doors are fitted with magnetic door seals to ensure perfect sealing even in a power failure situation
- Doors are double glazed with alloy surrounds for easy cleaning and great vision into the box
- Doors have adjustable torsion bar closing devices for operator-free closing (this allows removal of product with two hands and the door will automatically close and seal behind you)
- Doors and hinges are designed to allow a quick onsite replacement of worn hinge bushes by staff
- Doors are designed to be replaceable if damaged in operation (by staff with hand tools)
- Doors are fitted with adjustable torsion bar closing mechanism for gentle closing, which can be adjusted by staff
- A standard lift-out base tray can be included upon request to allow any materials spilt to be retained inside the pass through hatch and to allow cleaning without contaminating the cleanroom
- Base tray and service walls can be fully sealed if required
What optional extras can I choose from?
- Full 445M2 No 4 Brush stainless steel construction
- Hepa Bleed air .30L/s 100mm spigot (supply air from HOUSE HVAC to room or self-contained recirculating fan assist with speed controller and Magnehelic with output for alarm or control) Note: 10a 240v supply required
- Stainless steel wire or tray shelving (TGA request for goods IN-Goods OUT separation)
- Lead-lined boxes and doors (in conjunction with radiation services)
- Constant bleed through, either from room pressure or from clean air supply
- Stainless steel trolleys with product rails for use with heavy materials (OH&S requirement)
- Double glazed glass see-through doors available with modesty curtains
Are installation kits available?
Yes, they include:
- 2 x 50mm dressing surrounds with rounded corners
- 2 x 300mm angle brackets with two wall bolt holes 10mm in each bracket
What are the different types of pass through hatches?
All our Standard pass through hatches can be manufactured in steel or stainless steel, and come mechanically interlocked as standard. They are the most popular and cost effective model.
Our Bleedthrough hatches are connected to your house clear air supply (HVAC) and allow material inside the hatch to be continually washed by clean air to minimise the level of possible contaminates entering the clean zone.
Terminally (HEPA) filtered
The Terminally Filtered pass through hatch is specifically designed for use in environments where protection is important for operators as well as the product, as in cytotoxic rooms. It ensures the highest level of contamination control.
These hatches are specifically designed and constructed to be used in x-ray or hot works areas. They are often used in conjunction with a room installation of an X20 standard.